Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Copper Birdhouse

 
 

Copper Birdhouse

Here is a recently completed birdhouse.  The base measures 6" x 6" and is 20" tall.  It was formed using no sharp corners.  All the design elements were formed by rolling the edges with a hammer.  This gives the piece a fairytale look similar to one that could be found deep in a dark forest.  Almost no layout lines were drawn and few measurements were used giving this sculpture a dream-like quality. 

This piece of art was made during the coldest part of winter and was a nice way to pass the days.  In  other words, I am caught up in my projects.  This gives me time to experiment.

This copper cottage features a flowering vine that is complete with one of my hummingbirds and a window with diamond grid.

 
 

Side View

This view shows the cottage window. This birdhouse will be installed on the front entrance of our house.  I presently have a sculpture of a heron and hawk and this will be a nice addition.

 

Please Enjoy,

Tim Summerville timsummerville.com

 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tim,
    Really like the look of the continuous roll hammered bird house. Did you do the one for your mom's place the same way? The vines and hummingbird are great finish touches that make the whole thing absolutely unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jon. The newest bird feeder is made the same way except I included lots of detail. What else would my mother expect? I will be posting pictures later. Tim

    ReplyDelete