Saturday, December 1, 2012

Beginning the Copper Mallard




 

Beginning the Copper Mallard 

I have started a full sized hammered copper sculpture of a mallard duck.  This will be auctioned at the annual meeting of Ducks Unlinited.  It is my sincere hope there will be plenty of interest once this mallard is completed.  A photo album will accompany the mallard duck and will be given to the successful bidder.

This photo shows the very beginning of forming the body.  As the copper moves ridges of copper develop.  This are worked down, creating a more rounded body.


Copper has been trimmed close to shape around the body areas and extra copper is shown around the neck and head.  More refining will be necessary before the two halves are ready to be brazed together.

I think this will be a really nice sculpture and I would like one for myself.  It's amazing how the artist can identify with the artwork after hours of researching and planning.  Adding to this is watching the piece develop as each phase is completed.

Visit my website   timsummerville.com

No comments:

Post a Comment